Google+ WESTERN AUSTRALIA: Did you miss me?

Tuesday 19 June 2012

Did you miss me?

I'm no longer on Christmas Island but am back in WA. Exactly where in WA? Hmm...if i was to tell you where is the fun in that! It will be for me to know and for you to find out...hehe :) But before we talk more about my current location, I just want to add a few more memories of Christmas Island.

Christmas Island is considered to be one of "the crabiest" place in the world (No! not the word 'crap!" when something wrong happens, it's the word CRAB as in little critters). There are many species of crabs on the island and the red crab migration...it is massive. I mean MASSIVE!! It's even on National Geographic! I did not arrive onto the island on time to witness it but I know that it was great. Here's what the red crab looks like:
Other crab species on the island include:


This little fella and I trust you have met the Robber Crab in my previous post. Yes!?



Other wildlife include, Birdwatching anyone?


The Red-footed Booby seabird.

The Bosun Bird:
 http://youtu.be/wXg40bQDLjo

The Christmas Island Frigatebird:
One of the few seabirds in the world which only nests on Christmas Island.
  http://youtu.be/4-L4zyA3vI4

There are many other activities which you can do on Christmas Island namely Golf, Snorkelling, Scuba Diving, Bike riding and much, much more.



Christmas Island Golf Course (18 holes).
-The End-